The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We will never disclose your personal information to any unrelated third party unless required to do so by law or regulation.
Data Protection Information
Park Home Insurance Services Ltd, trading as Coast, is the Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998) and any subsequent updated data protection legislation.
What Is Personally Identifiable Information?
The personal information we collect and use will include:
• your name, address and date of birth;
• if you pay for your insurance using a credit or debit card – the final four digits of the card and the name as it appears on the card. We cannot use this information to take payments without your authorisation or other details;
• if you pay for your insurance using a direct debit, your bank account details;
• if you make a claim, we may also collect personal information about the claim from you and any relevant third parties;
• if you use our website, your computer IP address; and
• voice recordings.
How Do We Collect and Use Your Information?
All information gathered and held before 25 May 2018 was collected in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998). From 25 May 2018 new data protection law applies in the UK (the EU General Protection Regulations 2016/679 and the new UK Data Protection Act 2018). For more information please see below.
We will use your personal information:
• to provide you with insurance: we need this to decide if we can offer insurance to you and if so on what terms and also to administer your policy(ies), handle any claims and manage any renewal. In order to do this, your personal information will be passed to the underwriter(s) providing your policy(ies), its associated companies, service-providers, agents and re-insurers;
• to support legitimate interests that we have as a business: for the detection of fraud and to help us better understand our customers and improve our customer engagement;
• to meet any applicable legal or regulatory obligations: we need to meet compliance requirements with our regulators or underwriters, to comply with law enforcement and to manage legal claims;
• to carry out other activities that are in the public interest: for example we may need to use personal information to carry out anti-money laundering checks;
• on our website: if you visit us via the Internet, we may record your Internet Protocol (IP) address; and,
• by recording calls: we may record your telephone number and the call itself for business and training purposes.
If we need your consent to use personal information, we will make this clear to you when you contact us. If you give us consent to use your personal information, you are free to withdraw this at any time by contacting us. Please see Our Contact Information at the end of this policy. Please note that if consent to use information is withdrawn we may not be able to continue to provide the policy or process claims and we may need to cancel the policy.
Of course, you don’t have to provide us with any personal information. But if you don’t provide the information we need we may not be able to provide you with a quotation, administer your policy or any claim you make.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information For?
We maintain a retention policy to ensure we only keep personal information for as long as legally necessary.
What Other Rights Do You Have?
• The Right of Access: You can ask us to provide copies of the personal information you have previously supplied to us and we hold on you and your policies. We will not charge for this and will endeavour to supply the information within one month.
• The Right of Transfer: You can ask us to provide copies of the personal information we hold on you and your policies so you can transfer the information. We will not charge for this and will endeavour to supply the information within one month.
• The Right to Rectification: All the information we have to support your policy(ies) should be kept up to date so that your insurance provides the cover you require. If any information we hold is incorrect please let us know.
• The Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of the information we hold on you. Please note, that there may be legal reasons why we need to continue to use the information which supersede these rights.
• The Right to Delete Information: You have the right to ask us to delete the information we hold on you. Please note, that there may be legal reasons why we need to continue to use the information which supersede these rights.
• The Right Not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making: We do not use automated decision making. All quotes, changes or alterations are completed with you over the telephone; renewal invitations will be sent to your correspondence address – our friendly team are on hand should you have any questions or queries at any time.
• The Right to Object to direct marketing. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy to tell us.
Security & International Transfers
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure to any data we hold, we have in place suitable procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
All data processed by us is stored within the UK. There may be instances where information you provide may be passed or collected by a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, we may use an outsourced call centre to handle your calls, queries or claims. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure your personal information continues to be protected to ensure compliance with data protection laws.
Paying For Your Insurance Using a Credit Agreement
We offer a number of different ways to pay for your insurance. If you choose to spread the cost and pay using a monthly direct debit, you will be entering into a credit agreement with a third party.
When considering your application for credit, they will check records they may already have and also information held by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. These checks will include assessing your application for credit and verifying your identity. The credit reference agencies will add to their records details of the search and your application for credit. Other lenders may use this information to assess applications from you in the future. They may also make periodic searches at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to manage your account with them.
We would like to provide you with further information about all our services in the future and will ask you if you would like to receive marketing material and if you would, how you would like to receive it when you contact us. If you change your mind at any time, please let us know. Please see Our Contact Information at the end of this policy.
Our Contact Information
|Coast, The Old Bank, High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AB|
|Telephone 01892 784059|